Date/Time: Tuesday, September 23,2014 Location: Comox Weather: Gale warnings, Rain, winds up to 40 knots.
This morning started with rain showers and intermittent sunshine and very little wind. But the forecast was for gale warnings in the afternoon with winds building up to 30 knots and increasing to 40 knots tomorrow. So we decided to […]
Date/Time: September 14, 2014 Location: Blunden Harbor Weather: Fog to start, the clear, warm, sunny
The view from Fury Cove
Well, this morning at O-dark-30, we woke up to fog thick as pea soup. So much for plans for an early departure! Roger navigated the dinghy to the beach in the fog and darkness […]
Date/Time: September 9, 2014 21:15 Location: Coghlan Anchorage just west of Hartley Bay Weather: Calm night, clear with a little haze, full moon Plan: To Bishop Hotsprings via Verney Passage to Ursula Channel – weather permitting
We awoke this morning to dense fog that didn’t start lifting until 11:00 am. We took our time with […]
Date/Time: September 8, 2014 Location: Kumealon Island Weather: Clear, full moon, strong northerlies subsided at sunset Plan: Finish length of Grenville Channel and anchor at Coghlan Anchorage by Promise Island. Alternative destination Lowe Inlet.
After a rainy day yesterday in Prince Rupert we woke up to dissipating fog and clear skies today. Elsie got a […]